Hamza Ruzayqat joined KAUST in November 2019 as a Post-Doctoral Research Fellow in the group of Computational Probability (COMPPROB) led by Prof. Ajay Jasra.
In 2019, Dr. Ruzayqat received his PhD in Mathematics from the University of Tennessee-Knoxville, Tennessee, USA. He received a concurrent Masters degree from the same university. In 2012, he received a Bachelor degree in Physics and mathematics from Birzeit University, Ramallah, Palestine.
Dr. Ruzayqat main research is focused on Monte Carlo algorithms and data assimilation. In particular, he is working on particle filters, unbiased estimators, parameter estimation and Bayesian inference in discrete/continuous-time, linear/nonlinear, low/high dimensional hidden Markov models. In the past he worked on off-lattice kinetic Monte Carlo methods that are used to simulate atomic systems.
Dr. Ruzayqat was a teaching associate for four years and a research assistant for a year and a half in the department of Mathematics at the University of Tennessee-Knoxville.
- (2022) Ruzayqat, H., Chada, N. K., and Jasra, A. Unbiased Estimation using Underdamped Langevin Dynamics. (submitted)
- (2022) Ruzayqat, H., Beskos, A., Crisan, D., Jasra, A., and Kantas, N. Unbiased Estimation using a Class of Diffusion Processes. (submitted)
- (2021) Ruzayqat, H., Er-Raiy, A., Beskos, A., Crisan, D., Jasra, A., and Kantas, N. A Lagged Particle Filter for Stable Filtering of certain High-Dimensional SSMs. SIAM/ASA JUQ (to appear).
- (2020) Crisan, D., Del Moral, P., Jasra A., & Ruzayqat, H. Log-normalizing constants via the EnKBF. Adv. Appl. Probab. (to appear).
Other publications and technical reports:
- Ruzayqat, H.M., Schulze, T.P. (2018). A Rejection Scheme for Off-Lattice Kinetic Monte Carlo Simulation. J. Chem. Theory Comput., 14, 1, 48-54.
- Ashby, P., Bhatt, G., Baroi, M., Kao, C.-Y., Kramer, P. R., Kivela, M., Lakoba, T., Matz, S. & Ruzayqat, H. (2018) Development of image processing algorithm for an atomic force microscopy scanner (AFM scanner). Mathematics in Industry Reports, Cambridge University Press.
- Allaire, R.H. , Odu, A.G., Gu B., Lu, W., Newell, A., Paranamana, P.J., Phan, T., Ruzayqat, H. (2017) On Temperature Effects in Reacting Porous Media Applications.