KAUST offers me world-class research resources and support. Its highly international working environment allows me gain a global perspective.
Building 1 (West), Al-Khawarizmi, 4th floor, 4200-CU05
- 2017: PhD in Biostatistics. Saw Swee Hock School of Public Health, National University of Singapore.
- 2012: BSc (Hons) Statistics, National University of Singapore.
Dr. Chao received her Ph.D. in 2017 from the Saw Swee Hock School of Public Health, National University of Singapore. Her Ph.D. dissertation is “Bayesian Methods for Estimating Global Health Indicators”. She has been actively collaborating with United Nations Population Division and UNICEF since 2012. She develops complex statistical models for sparse and noisy data for population indicators (e.g. sex ratio at birth, under-5 child mortality rate) across countries over time.
Statistical demography; Global health; Bayesian modeling; Time series analysis.
- Sep 2019 – Sep 2021: Long Term Agreement for Services (LTAS) for UNICEF. PI: Chao, F. LTAS-42107038. (Awarded to KAUST with faculty mentor Prof. Hernando Ombao). USD $35,300.
- Aug 2013: XXVII IUSSP International Population Conference Best Poster Award.
- May 2011: NUS Dean’s List: AY 2010/2011 Semester 2.
- 2008–2012: NUS Undergraduate Scholarship (full scholarship).
Associate Editor for: the Foundation of Data Science (AIMS).
Reviewed for: Annals of Applied Statistics. BMC Public Health. BMJ Global Health. Demographic Research. Global Health Research and Policy. International Health. International Perspectives on Sexual and Reproductive Health. Journal of Development Effectiveness. Lancet Global Health. Mathematical Population Studies. Spatial Demography. Studies in Family Planning. Violence Against Women.