- Ph.D. in Computer Science, King Abdullah University of Science and Technology (KAUST), Saudi Arabia (2017).
- M.S Degree Computer Science, King Abdullah University of Science and Technology (KAUST), Saudi Arabia (2011).
- B.S Degree Computer Engineering, King Fahd University of Petroleum and Minerals (KFUPM), Saudi Arabia (2008).
Scientific and Professional Membership
- External reviewer for reputable conferences: SIGMOD, VLDB, EuroSys, ICDE, WWW, and KDD
- Mentoring master and PhD students
Zuhair Yarub Khayyat obtained his Ph.D. degree in Computer Science under the supervision of Professor Panagiotis Kalnis at InfoCloud Research Group (CLOUD) in King Abdullah University of Science and Technology (KAUST) in 2016.
Zuhair's research interests included Big Data Management, Parallel and distributed data processing, Cloud Computing and Graph Analytics. His main experience was focused on problem-solving and algorithm development for processing large data in distributed environments. He is a reliable team player with a methodological mindset with the ability to utilize unconventional, out of the box, solutions. The result of his work has been recognized and published in several high-end worldwide conferences while one of his developed projects is being evaluated for a commercial opportunity. Currently in the job market for a research position.
- Divy Agrawal, Lamine Ba, Laure Berti-Equille, Sanjay Chawla, Ahmed Elmagarmid, Hossam Hammady, Yasser Idris, Zoi Kaoudi, Zuhair Khayyat, Sebastian Kruse, Mourad Ouzzani, Paolo Papotti, Jorge-Arnulfo Quiané-Ruiz, Nan Tang, Mohammed J. Zaki. Rheem: Enabling Multi-Platform Task Execution. SIGMOD Conference 2016. (Demo Paper)
- Zuhair Khayyat, William Lucia, Meghna Singh, Mourad Ouzzani, Paolo Papotti, Jorge-Arnulfo Quiané-Ruiz, Nan Tang, Panos Kalnis: Lightning Fast and Space Efficient Inequality Joins. PVLDB 8(13): 2074-2085 (2015).
- Zuhair Khayyat, Ihab F. Ilyas, Alekh Jindal, Samuel Madden, Mourad Ouzzani, Paolo Papotti, Jorge-Arnulfo Quiané-Ruiz, Nan Tang, Si Yin: BigDansing: A System for Big Data Cleansing. SIGMOD Conference 2015: 1215-1230.
- Zuhair Khayyat, Karim Awara, Amani Alonazi, Hani Jamjoom, Dan Williams, Panos Kalnis: Mizan: a system for dynamic load balancing in large-scale graph processing. EuroSys 2013: 169-182