KAUST is the place where great minds meet in a collaborative process which allows everyone to learn more and give more.
- M.Sc., Electrical and Computer Engineering, King Abdullah University of Science and Technology (KAUST), Saudi Arabia.
- B.Sc., Electrical and Computer engineering, Effat University, Saudi Arabia.
- Visiting Student at Information System Lab and Communication Theory Lab, KAUST, Saudi Arabia.
- Research Assistant at Communication and Signal Processing Lab, Effat University, Saudi Arabia.
Honors & Awards
- Best paper presentation in Effat University students scientific research forum, 2020.
- Best paper award in the 17 th Learning and Technology Conference, 2020.
- Best Scientific Poster Award in Saudi Summer Internship poster competition (first place), 2019.
Rawan is pursuing her Master of Science degree in Electrical and Computer Engineering under the joint supervision of Professor Mohamed-Slim Alouini and Professor Tareq Al-Naffouri.
Education and Early Career
Rawan obtained her bachelor of science degree in Electrical and Computer Engineering from Effat University in 2020.
Rawan’s research interests mainly focus on wireless communication theory and networks, next-generation communication systems, optimization in sensor networks, and optical communication.
- R. Alghamdi et al., &"Intelligent Surfaces for 6G Wireless Networks: A Survey of Optimization and Performance Analysis Techniques," in IEEE Access, vol. 8, pp. 202795-202818, 2020, doi: 10.1109/ACCESS.2020.3031959.
- A. Faisal, R. Alghamdi et al.,"Diversity Schemes in Multi-hop Visible Light Communications for 6G Networks," Procedia Computer Science, 2021, pp. 140-149, doi: 10.1016/j.procs.2021.02.019.
- R. Alghamdi, N. Saeed, H. Dahrouj, M. Alouini and T. Y. Al-Naffouri," Towards Ultra-Reliable Low-Latency Underwater Optical Wireless Communications" 2019 IEEE 90th Vehicular Technology Conference (VTC2019-Fall), 2019, pp. 1-6, doi: 10.1109/VTCFall.2019.8891506.