Give me an inch of GaN and I will light up the world.
- Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering at King Abdullah University of Science and Technology (KAUST), Saudi Arabia, August 2015 - Present
- M.Sc. in Electrical Engineering at King Abdullah University of Science and Technology (KAUST), Saudi Arabia, February 2014 - August 2015
- B.S. in Material Science & Engineering in Padova University, Padova, Italy, October 2010 - July 2013
- Member of OSA, KAUST student chapter (The Optical Society, association in optics and photonics)
- Member of SPIE, The International Society for Optical Engineering
Davide received his B.Sc. degree in Material Science Engineering from University of Padova, Italy, in 2013. He joined KAUST in February 2014 as an MS-to-PhD student in Photonics Laboratory in the Computer, Electrical and Mathematical Sciences & Engineering (CEMSE) Division where he is currently pursuing his PhD degree.
His research topic focuses on enhancing the performance of large bandgap ultraviolet III-nitride semiconductor nanostructured light emitters. It involves the device structure design optimization and the usage of highly conductive thin metal substrates.
Davide is a member of OSA and SPIE and he also served as a reviewer for the Journal of Nanophotonics and the Journal of Photonics for Energy.