- B.S. School of Electrical and Electronic Engineering, Yonsei University, Seoul, Republic of Korea, 2010.
- M.S. School of Electrical and Computer Engineering, Georgia Institue of Technology, Atlanta, GA, USA 2012.
Sangkil Kim was a visiting student at Integrated Microwaves Packaging Antennas & Circuit Technology (IMPACT) Research Group at King Abdullah University of Science and Technology (KAUST) from Georgia Institute of Technology, Atlanta, GA, USA.
Sangkil's research interests included Inkjet-printed Electronics on flexible substrates for Wireless Body Area Network (WBAN), Electromagnetic Band Gap structure (EBGs), Antenna on Artificial Magnetic Conductor (AMC), Ultra Wide Band (UWB) Antenna, System-level RF device design (Wearable bio-monitoring sensor, Active antenna), and mmWave structures - Substrate Integrated Waveguide (SIW) structures on flexible substrate.
- Sangkil Kim, Y. Ren, H. Lee, A. Rida, S. Nikolaou and M. M. Tentzeris “Monopole Antenna with Inkjet Printed EBG Array on Paper Substrate for Wearable Applications”, IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propagation Letters, vol.11, pp.663-666, 2012.
- Sangkil Kim, A. Georgiadis, A. Collado, M.M. Tentzeris, "An Inkjet-Printed Solar-Powered Wireless Beacon on Paper for Identification and Wireless Power Transmission Applications," IEEE Transactions on Microwave Theory and Techniques, vol.60, no.12, pp.4178-4186, Dec. 2012.
- Sangkil Kim, B. Cook, T. Le, J. Cooper, H. Lee, V. Lakafosis, R. Vyas, M. Riccardo, M. Bozzi, A. Georgiadis, A. Collado, M. M. Tentzeris, "Inkjet-printed Antennas, Sensors and Circuits on Paper Substrate", IET Microwave and Antennas Propagation, in proc., 2012.
- Sangkil Kim, V. Lakafosis, C. Mariotti, F. Alimenti, P. Mezzanotte, A. Georgiadis, A. Collado, L. Roselli, M. M. Tentzeris, "Perpetual RFID-Enabled Wireless Sensors for Cognitive Intelligence Applications", Microwave Magazine, in proc.