KAUST offers me world-class research resources and support. Its highly international working environment allows me gain a global perspective.
Building 1 (West), Al-Khawarizmi, 4th floor, 4200-CU05
- 2017: PhD in Biostatistics. Saw Swee Hock School of Public Health, National University of Singapore.
- 2012: BSc (Hons) Statistics, National University of Singapore.
- Aug 2013: XXVII IUSSP International Population Conference Best Poster Award.
- May 2011: NUS Dean’s List: AY 2010/2011 Semester 2.
- 2008–2012: NUS Undergraduate Scholarship (full scholarship).
Dr. Chao received her Ph.D. in 2017 from the Saw Swee Hock School of Public Health, National University of Singapore. Her Ph.D. dissertation is “Bayesian Methods for Estimating Global Health Indicators”. She has been actively collaborating with United Nations Population Division and UNICEF since 2012. She develops complex statistical models for sparse and noisy data for population indicators (e.g. sex ratio at birth, under-5 child mortality rate) across countries over time.
Statistical demography; Global health; Bayesian modeling; Time series analysis.
Associate Editor for: Foundation of Data Science (AIMS). Statistics and Computing.
Ad hoc reviewer by discipline:
- Statistics/mathematics: Annals of Applied Statistics. Entropy. Risks. Stats. TEST.
- Demography: Demographic Research. Demography. International Perspectives on Sexual and Reproductive Health. Journal of Population and Social Studies. Journal of Population Economics. Mathematical Population Studies. Population Research and Policy Review. Spatial Demography. SSM - Population Health. Studies in Family Planning.
- Global/public health: BMC Public Health. BMJ Global Health. Global Health Research and Policy. Healthcare. International Health. International Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health. Lancet Global Health. Public Health.
- Inter & other disciplines: BMJ Open. Cogent Business & Management. Cogent Economics & Finance. Cogent Social Sciences. Imaging Science Journal. Journal of Development Effectiveness. Medical Principles and Practice. Nature. Nutrients. PeerJ. PLoS Neglected Tropical Diseases. PLoS ONE. Social Sciences. Spatial Economic Analysis. Sustainability. Tropical Medicine and Infectious Disease. Violence Against Women.