- 2010: Ph.D. in Computer Science, University of Salerno, Italy.
- 2006: M.Sc. in Computer Science, University of Salerno, Italy.
- 2019-current: Research Scientist, Computational Bioscience Research Center (CBRC), King Abdullah University of Science and Technology (KAUST), Saudi Arabia.
- 2013-2019: Senior Postdoctoral Researcher, Systems and Synthetic Biology lab, Telethon Institute of Genetics and Medicine (TIGEM), Naples, Italy.
- 2010-2012: Postdoctoral Researcher, Dpt. of Computer Science, University of Salerno, Salerno, Italy.
Honors and Awards
- 2019: Veronesi Fellowship, Fondazione Umberto Veronesi, Milan Italy.
- 2012: Fellowship from University of Salerno, Salerno, Italy.
My main research area is in the application of data analysis and machine learning techniques to large omics data. I have been investigating the transcriptomic effects of drug treatments and how they can be analyzed to infer drug mechanisms of action, with applications to drug discovery and repositioning. I also researched related methodologies in the context of drug-facilitated production of human induced pluripotent stem cells (hIPS) and gene-drug prioritization in precision medicine. My other research areas include metabolic simulations with applications to rare genetic disorders, and the development of bioinformatics data analysis and management tools.