- Ph.D., Genetics, Univeristy of Glasgow, Scotland;
- B.Sc.(Honours), Biological Sciences, University of Essex, England
Scientific and Professional Membership
- European Phycological Societs (EPS); Society for Industrial Microbiology (SIMB)
My research group applies genomics-lead approaches to investigating and understanding the fundamental biology of non-model microorganisms such as microalgae, methanogens and other heterotrophic bacteria isolated from extreme habitats in the Arabian Peninsula and from this knowledge developing novel biotechnology products and solutions.
- 2009-present: Principal Research Scientist, CBRC CEMSE KAUST
- 1992-2009: Faculty, Department of Genetics, University of Cambridge
- 1985-1991: Postdoctoral Fellow, Department of Biology, Massachusetts Institute of Technology