- 2002 Ph.D. from The Graduate University for Advanced Studies (SOKENDAI), Japan
- 1999 M.S. (Agricultural Science) from Department of Applied Biological Chemistry, Graduate School of Agricultural and Life Sciences, The University of Tokyo, Tokyo, Japan.
- 1997 B.S. (Agricultural Science) from Department of Agricultural Chemistry, Faculty of Agriculture, University of Tokyo, Tokyo, Japan.
Scientific and Professional Membership
- Society for Molecular Biology and Evolution (SMBE)
- Society of Evolutionary Studies, Japan
- Genetics Society of Japan
- Molecular Biology Society of Japan
Dr. Mineta has been working in the field of bioinformatics and -omics studies from both experimental and computational approaches. In particular, he is now conducting the environmental omics study, and genome sequencing on the marine and harsh environmental organisms. From the viewpoint of the adaptation toward the new environments, those large-scale data are good candidates for further industrial and scientific applications. His research backgrounds are agricultural chemistry and genetics, and his research interests are in the following research field and related topics; Environmental bioinformatics, Population Genomics, Metagenomics, Functional genomics and transcriptomics, biological sensors, Evolution of brain, Evolution of the sensory system.
- 2014-Present: Senior Research Scientist King Abdullah University of Science and Technology, KSA
- 2004-2014: Associate Professor (Full time and Tenured) Hokkaido University, JAPAN
- 2003-2004: Research Associate University of Chicago, USA
- 2002-2003: Post-doctoral Research Scientist Japan Science and Technology Agency, JAPAN