- M.Tech., in Solar and Alternative Energy Engineering, Amity University – Main Campus, India., 2016 - 2018
- B.E., Electronics and Communication Engineering, Anna University – Main Campus, India., 2012 - 2016
Honors & Awards
- 2012 – 2016 Swami Dayanand Education Foundation Merit-cum-Means Scholarship to purse Bachelor degree in Electronics and Communication Engineering at Anna University, India.
- 2014 Best Research Poster, awarded by New Technology, Mobility and Security (NTMS) conference committe organized by IEEE society in Paris, France.
- 2016 Received first prize from General Electric, USA for proposing a breakthrough idea for “Smart Lighting System to improve the productivity of Organization” international project competition
- 2017 Received Best Research Paper, awarded by International Workshop on Physics of Semiconductor devices (IWPSD) conference committee organized by Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Delhi, India.
Saravanan Yuvaraja is currently a PhD student at the Advanced Semiconductor Lab (ASL), in the Electrical Engineering Department, CEMSE, King Abdullah University of Science and Technology (KAUST).
Research at KAUST
Saravanan Yuvaraja is interested to develop Wide and Ultra wide band gap semiconductors based advanced transistor topologies for various applications such as Power electronics and Optoelectronics. Currently, I am designing and fabricating Gate All Around (GAA) based transistors to harvest maximum capability of the WBG and UWBG materials such as high breakdown voltage without compromising ON resistance. In the future, the current research will pave the way for the 3D integration of various WBG materials to achieve new milestones for satisfying the requirement of various applications.
- GAA Fin transistors
- GAA nanosheet transistors
- Flexible electronics
- "Fully Integrated Indium Gallium Zinc Oxide NO2 Gas Detector," Mani Teja Vijjapu, Sandeep G. Surya, Saravanan Yuvaraja, Xixiang Zhan, Husam N. Alshareef and Khaled N. Salama ACS Sensors, 2020, DOI Link: https://doi.org/10.1021/acssensors.9b02318
- "Molybdenum trioxide (MoO3) Capacitive Soil Moisture Microsensor for In-situ Agriculture Applications: Measurement Studies and Temperature Effects," Sandeep Goud Surya, Saravanan Yuvaraja, Khaled N Salama, Maryam Shojaei Baghini, Vinay S Palaparthy IEEE Sensors Conference, 2019, DOI Link: 10.1109/SENSORS43011.2019.8956768
- "A label-free aptasensor FET based on Au nanoparticles decorated Co3O4 nanorods and SWCNTs layer for detection of cardiac Troponin T protein," Sandeep G Surya, Sanjit Manohar Majhi, Dilip Kumar Agarwal, Abdellatif Ait Lahcen, Saravanan Yuvaraja, Karumbaiah Chappanda, Khaled Nabil Salama J. Mater. Chem. B, 2020, 8, 18 – 26
- "Ultraviolet detection properties of electrodeposited n-SnO2 modified p-Si nanowires hetero-junction photodiode," Saravanan Yuvaraja, Vivek Kumar, Hrishikesh Dhasmana, Amit Kumar, Abhishek Verma, VK Jain J Mater Sci: Mater Electron 30, 7618–7628 (2019)