Research interests include the development and simplification of synthetic catalytic methodology and technology and their application to the synthesis of diverse functional natural and unnatural molecules by applying new bio-, organo-, and metal catalysis concepts.
- Merging Visible Light Photoredox Catalysis with Metal Catalyzed C-H Activations: On the Role of Oxygen and Superoxi...
D.C. Fabry, M. Rueping
Acc. Chem. Res., 49(9), 1969-1979, (2016)
- Photoredox-Catalyzed Ketyl–Olefin Coupling for the Synthesis of Substituted Chromanols
E. Fava, M. Nakajima, A.L.P. Nguyen, M. Rueping
J. Org. Chem., 81(16), 6959-6964, (2016)
- Visible-Light Photoredox-Catalyzed Giese Reaction: Decarboxylative Addition of Amino Acid Derived α-Amino Radicals ...
A. Millet, Q. Lefebvre, M. Rueping
Chem. Eur.J., 22, 13464-13468, (2016)
- Nickel-Catalyzed Csp2-Csp3 Cross-Coupling via C-O Bond Activation
L. Guo, C.-C. Hsiao, H. Yue, X. Liu, M. Rueping
ACS Catal., 6, 4438-4442, (2016)
- Reductive Umpolung of Carbonyl Derivatives with Visible-Light Photoredox Catalysis: Direct Access to Vicinal Diamin...
E. Fava, A. Millet, M. Nakajima, S. Loescher M. Rueping
Angew. Chem. Int. Ed., 55, pp. 6776-6779, (2016)
- Asymmetric Brønsted-Acid Catalyzed Substitution of Diarylmethanols with Thiols and Alkohols for the Synthesis of Ch...
A. Chatupheeraphat, H.H. Liao, S. Mader, M. Sako, H. Sasai, I. Atodiresei, M. Rueping
Angew. Chem. Int. Ed., 55, pp. 4803-4807, (2016)
- Trifluoromethylselenolation of Aryldiazonium Salts - A mild and Convenient Procedure for the Introduction of the Se...
P. Nikolaienko, M. Rueping
Chem. Eur. J. 2016, 22, pp. 2620-2623, (2016)
- Doctor in Natural Sciences, ETH Zürich
Diploma in Chemistry; Technical University of Berlin
- Professor of Chemical Science, Kaust
- Chair and Full Professor, RWTH Aachen University
- Associate Professor of Organic Chemistry, Goethe University Frankfurt
- Postdoctoral Research Fellow, Harvard University
- Highly cited researcher, 2019-2020
- Kaust Catalysis Center (KCC)
- Division of Physical Science and Engineering (PSE)