- Postdoctoral fellow, Stanford University, 2012-2013
- Postdoctoral fellow, Peking University, 2010-2011
- Ph.D. Electronic Engineering, Universitat Autonoma de Barcelona, 2010
- M.S. Micro and Nanotechnology, Universitat Autonoma de Barcelona, 2007
- B.S. Electronic Engineering, Universitat Autonoma de Barcelona, 2006
Professor Lanza's research focuses on the integration of two-dimensional (2D) materials in solid-state nano/micro-electronic devices and circuits, with special emphasis on memristive crossbar arrays and their use to build artificial neural networks. He puts special effort on using fabrication methods compatible with the industry, and to characterize the yield and variability of large amounts of devices in a statistical manner. He is one of the world leaders on the study of hexagonal boron nitride (h-BN), as well as many other ultra-thin dielectrics for electronic devices (SiO2, HfO2, Al2O3). He is famous for his expertise on nanoelectronic characterization of multiple materials and devices using scanning probe microscopy (SPM).
- Shaochuan Chen, Mohammad Reza Mahmoodi, Yuanyuan Shi, Chandreswar Mahata, Bin Yuan, Xianhu Liang, Chao Wen, Fei Hui, Deji Akinwande, Dmitri B. Strukov, Mario Lanza*, Wafer-scale integration of two-dimensional materials in high-density memristive crossbar arrays for artificial neural networks, Nature Electronics 3, 638–645, 2020 - Front cover.
- Md Asmaul Hoque , Marcos Gil-Sepulcre, Adiran de Aguirre , Johannes A. A. W. Elemans , Dooshaye Moonshiram, Roc Matheu, Yuanyuan Shi , Jordi Benet-Buchholz, Xavier Sala, Marc Malfois, Eduardo Solano, Joohyun Lim, Alba Garzón-Manjón, Christina Scheu, Mario Lanza*, Feliu Maseras *, Carolina Gimbert-Suriñach*, Antoni Llobet *, Water oxidation electrocatalysis using ruthenium coordination oligomers adsorbed on multiwalled carbon nanotubes, Nature Chemistry, 12, 1060–1066, 2020.
- Chao Wen, Alexander G. Banshchikov, Yury Y. Illarionov, Werner Frammelsberger, Theresia Knobloch, Fei Hui, Nikolai S. Sokolov, Tibor Grasser, Mario Lanza*, Dielectric Properties of Ultrathin CaF2 Ionic Crystals, Advanced Materials, 32, 2002525, 2020.
- Fei Hui, Mario Lanza*, Scanning probe microscopy for advanced nanoelectronics, Nature Electronics, 2, 221-229, 2019.
- Yuanyuan Shi, Xianhu Liang, Bin Yuan, Victoria Chen, Haitong Li, Fei Hui, Zhouchangwan Yu, Fang Yuan, Eric Pop, H.-S. Philip Wong, Mario Lanza*, Electronic synapses made of layered two-dimensional materials, Nature Electronics 1, 458–465, 2018.