- Ph.D Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, Lehigh University, Sep. 2010
- M.S. Institute of Semiconductors, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Beijing China, July 2006
- B.S. Department of Material Science, Fudan University, Shanghai China, July 2003
Gan's research focuses on applying the power of nanomaterial and structure processing and engineering for
(i) investigating fundamental light-matter interaction within extreme dimensions,
(ii) developing advanced manufacturing methods, and
(iii) demonstrating biomedical sensing, energy and environmental sustainability applications enabled by these unique optical phenomena. In particular, his research activities aimed to bridge the gaps between fundamental investigation, application development and technology transfer.
- M. Zhou , H. Song , X. Xu , A. Shahsafi , Z. Xia , Z. Ma , M. Kats , J. Zhu , B. Ooi , Q. Gan, Z. Yu, Vapor condensation with daytime radiative cooling, Proceedings of National Academy of Sciences 118, e2019292118 (2021).
- L. Zhou, H. Song, N. Zhang, M. Singer, H. Zhang, B. Ooi, Z. Yu, Q. Gan, Hybrid concentrated radiative cooling and solar heating in a single system, Cell Reports Physical Science 2, 100338 (2021)
- H. Hu, Q. Gan, Q. Zhan, Generation of non-diffracting superchiral optical needle for circular dichroism imaging of sparse sub-diffraction objects, Phys. Rev. Lett. 122, 223901 (2019).
- L. Zhou, H. Song, J. Liang, M. Singer, M. Zhou, E. Stegenburgs, N. Zhang, C. Xu, T. Ng, Z. Yu, B. S. Ooi, Q. Gan, A polydimethylsiloxane coated metal structure for all-day radiative cooling, Nature Sustainability 2, 718 (2019)
- H. Song, L. Guo, Z. Liu, K. Liu, X. Zeng, D. Ji, N. Zhang, S. Jiang, Q. Gan, Nanocavity enhancement for ultra-thin film optical absorption, Adv. Mater. 26, 2737 (2014)