- B.S., Engineering, Xi'an Jiaotong University, China, 2018
Honors & Awards
- CEMSE Dean’s List Award (year 21/22)
- CEMSE Research Excellence Award (year 21/22)
- Outstanding Undergraduate (selected to 10 undergraduates), 2017
- National First Class Scholarship (top 2%), 2017
Guocheng Qian is currently working towards an MS/Ph.D. degree in the Department of Computer Science at King Abdullah University of Science and Technology (KAUST). He is part of the Image and Video Understanding Lab (IVUL), supervised by Prof. Bernard Ghanem. During his Ph.D. studies, he interned at several leading institutions including Snap Research, Meta Reality Lab, and MEGVII research. His primary research interest lies in 3D vision.
Education and Early Career
Guocheng obtained his bachelor's degree in Engineering with first-class honors from Xi’an Jiaotong University (XJTU) in China in 2018. He was an exchange student at the Hong Kong University of Science and Technology in early 2017 and a visiting scholar at Wakayama University in Japan in Dec 2017. Before joining KAUST, he worked at SenseTime Research in China.
- Point Cloud Understanding
- 3D generation
- Efficient Neural Network