- Application of dynamic programming to building decision trees and decision rules
- Machine learning
- Design of algorithms and complexity analysis
- I. Chikalov, V. Lozin, I. Lozina, M. Moshkov, H.S. Nguyen, A. Skowron, B. Zielosko, Three Approaches to Data Analysis: Test Theory, Rough Sets and Logical Analysis of Data, Intelligent Systems Reference Library, Vol. 41, Springer, 2012
- I. Chikalov, Average Time Complexity of Decision Trees, Intelligent Systems Reference Library, Vol. 21, Springer, 2011.
- I. Chikalov, P. Yao, M. Moshkov, J.C. Latombe, Learning probabilistic models of hydrogen bond stability from molecular dynamics simulation trajectories, Journal of Intelligent Learning Systems and Applications, Vol. 3, No. 3, 2011, pp.155–170.
- M. Moshkov, I. Chikalov, Consecutive optimization of decision trees concerning various complexity measures, Fundamenta Informaticae, Vol. 61, No. 2, 2003, pp. 87–96.
- Ph.D., State University of Nizhni Novgorod, Russia, 2002
- M.S., Diploma Summa cum Laude, State University of Nizhni Novgorod, Russia, 1999
- B.S., Diploma Summa cum Laude, State University of Nizhni Novgorod, Russia, 1996