"Always be passionate about what you choose to do... in order to enjoy, excel and succeed!"
Building 1, Al-Khawarizmi, 4th floor, 4103-WS11
Esmail Abdul Fattah is a Ph.D. candidate in Statistics at the King Abdullah University of Science and Technology (KAUST), studying under the supervision of Professor Håvard Rue in his research group.
- Master in Computational Science, American University of Beirut (AUB), Lebanon (2018).
- B.S. in Mathematics, Haigazian University (HU), Beirut, Lebanon (2015).
- Minor in Computer Science, Haigazian University (HU), Beirut Lebanon (2015).
- Teaching Assistant at KAUST and AUB for Bayesian Statistics (Spring 2021 & 2022), Numerical Linear Algebra (Fall 2021), c++ (Fall 2020) and Linear Models (Fall 2019), Discrete Models for Differential Equations (Fall 2017) and Numerical Computing (Fall and Spring 2016).
- Consultant and Math Instructor at PADILIEA, a project implemented by AUB, King's College London and Kayany Foundation to support Syrian refugees to reach higher education opportunities (2018-2020).
- Research Assistant at AUB, headed by Prof. Kharroubi, project entitled "The importance of accounting for parameter uncertainty around SF-6D value sets." (2018)
- ICF Certified Coach and part of Peer Coaching Program at KAUST.
- Representative of the Bayesian Statistics group for the KAUST American Statistical Association Chapter.
- Administrative Assistant at Majdal Anjar Municipality, Bekaa, Lebanon (2016-2017).
- Tutor at Mmkn Organization (2014).
- Intern at apps2YOU, Hazmieh, Lebanon (2014).
- Photographer at LAZURD, Lebanon (2014-2015).
- Cofounder of EYE (Excelling Young Entrepreneurs) project, a social business for Tire Recycling, Haigazian, Lebanon (2013-2014).
- Intern at Eduware Company, Beirut (2013).
- Winner for a poster award in the Bayesian Computation category at ISBA22 for my project "Approximate Bayesian Inference for the Interaction Types 1, 2, 3, and 4 with Application in Disease Mapping"
- Honored with a full merit-based graduate fellowship and assistant program for my Masters studies funded by AUB.
- Awarded with a full merit-based scholarship program funded by United States Agency of International Development (USAID) for my undergraduate studies at HU.
- Winner of the "Outstanding Marketing Award" and the second place in the "Social Entrepreneurship Competition", Beirut (2014).
- Chosen as one of the top rated students in demonstrating true Leadership by "Beyond Reform and Development", April 2014.
- Completed 12 credits towards Teaching Diploma, Lebanese International University, Bekaa, Lebanon (2016).
- Volunteer in Children Cancer Center in Lebanon CCCL (2012-2014).
- Volunteer in D-RASATI program (a project by USAID in partnership with the ministry of Education and Higher Education (2014).
- Participant in series of leadership and entrepreneurship lectures and training sessions, Haigazian University, Lebanon (2011-2012).
My research interest is mainly in Bayesian and Computational Statistics as well as Data Science and Optimization.