- Jan 2013 to Present: KAUST, Ph.D. in Bioinformatics.
- Sep 2011 to Jan 2013: KAUST, MSc in Computer Systems.
- Sep 2006 to Jan 2011: Jordan University, BSc in Computer Engineering.
Islam Almasri obtained his Master's degree in Computer Science under the supervision of Professor Xin Gao at Structural and Functional Bioinformatics Group (SFB) at King Abdullah University of Science and Technology (KAUST). Currently, Islam is a Ph.D. candidate in the Computer Science program under the supervision of Prof. Nina Fedoroff. at Fedoroff Research Group. Islam is specialized in developing various software tools for solving problems in other scientific domains, including Image Processing, Medical Imaging, Chemical Networks, and Protein Structure.
- Almasri, Islam; Abandah, Gheith; Shhadeh, Ali; Shahrour, Anas; "Universal ISA simulator with soft processor FPGA implementation," Applied Electrical Engineering and Computing Technologies (AEECT), 2011 IEEE Jordan Conference on, vol., no., pp.1-6, 6-8 Dec. 2011, DOI: 10.1109/AEECT.2011.6132512.
- Modeling Multiple Visual Words Assignment for Bag-of-Features based Medical Image Retrieval Jingyan Wang; Islam Almasri Proceedings of the IASTED International Conference on Computer Graphics and Imaging, CGIM 2012, p 217-224, 2012, DOI: 10.2316/P.2012.779-015.
- Adaptive Graph via Feature Selection for Nonnegative Matrix Factorization Jing-Yan Wang; Islam Almasri; Xin Gao 21st International Conference on Pattern Recognition (ICPR 2012), Accepted as oral presentation, June 16, 2012.