- Ph.D., Electrical and Computer Engineering, University of Waterloo, Canada, 2010
- M.Sc., Computer Science, Wayne State University, USA, 2002
- B.Sc., Electronic Engineering, GIK Institute, Pakistan, 1999
Scientific and Professional Membership
- Member, Association for Computing Machinery (ACM)
- Member, Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE)
Honors and Awards
- NSERC Post-Graduate Scholarship (PGS) Doctoral Award, 2005-2008
- President's Graduate Scholarship, University of Waterloo, 2005-2008
- Offered Ontario Graduate Scholarship by Ministry of Training, Colleges, and Universities Ontario 2005-2006
- Graduate Recognition Award, Department of Computer Science, Wayne State University, 2002
Kamran Jamshaid was a Postdoctoral Research Fellow at Networking Research Lab (NETLAB) in King Abdullah University of Science and Technology (KAUST), working with Professor Basem Shihada in his research group.
Kamran's research interests included computer networks, wireless data networks, distributed systems, and pervasive and mobile computing.
- A. Showail, A. Elrasad, A. Meer, A. Daghistani, K. Jamshaid, and B. Shihada, "iFrag: Dynamic Partial Packet Recovery for Sensor Systems", ACM Journal of Wireless Networks, Vol. 20, No. 4, pp. 1-18, 2014. [PDF] I. F. (0.736).
- A. Showail, K. Jamshaid, and B. Shihada, "WQM: An Aggregation-aware Queue Management Scheme for IEEE 802.11n based Networks", in Proc. ACM Sigcomm Capacity Sharing Workshop (CSWS), pp. 15-20, 2014. [PDF]
Wireless mesh networks (WMNs) are a type of ad hoc wireless network that uses multi-hop wireless communications to provide or improve connectivity between wireless devices.
In this project, we tackled the dense deployment and energy efficient operation of sensor systems in underwater and terrestrial environments.
In this project, we considered the optimization of transmission power and delay in a wireless mesh networks.
Showail, A., Jamshaid, K., & Shihada, B. (2016). Buffer sizing in wireless networks: challenges, solutions, and opportunities. IEEE Communications Magazine, 54(4), 130–137. doi:10.1109/mcom.2016.7452277
Jamshaid, K., Shihada, B., Showail, A., & Levis, P. (2014). Deflating link buffers in a wireless mesh network. Ad Hoc Networks, 16, 266–280. doi:10.1016/j.adhoc.2014.01.002
Nawab, F., Jamshaid, K., Shihada, B., & Ho, P. H. (2014). Fair packet scheduling in Wireless Mesh Networks. Ad Hoc Networks, 13, 414–427. doi:10.1016/j.adhoc.2013.09.002
Showail, A., Jamshaid, K., & Shihada, B. (2014). An empirical evaluation of bufferbloat in IEEE 802.11n wireless networks. 2014 IEEE Wireless Communications and Networking Conference (WCNC). doi:10.1109/wcnc.2014.6953002