- Design and analysis of decision trees based on dynamic programming and greedy approaches
- Machine learning
- Discrete optimization
- Azad, M., Chikalov, I., Hussain, S., and Moshkov, M. Restricted multi-pruning of decision trees, In Machine Learning and Data Analytics Symposium as plenary talk (2016) (Awarded best paper).
- Busbait, M., Chikalov, I., Hussain, S., and Moshkov, M. Diagnosis of constant faults in read-once contact networks over finite bases. Discrete Applied Mathematics, 184 (2015), pp. 76–88.
- AbouEisha, H., Hussain, S., Lozin, V., Monnot, J., and Ries, B. A dichotomy for upper domination in monogenic classes, In 8th Annual International Conference on Combinatorial Optimization and Applications (2014), vol. 8881, pp. 258–267.
- Hussain, S. Relationships among various parameters for decision tree optimization. In Innovations in Intelligent Machines-4 - Recent Advances in Knowledge Engineering, C. Faucher and L. Jain, Eds. Springer, 2014, pp. 393–412.
- Alkhalid, A., Chikalov, I., Hussain, S., and Moshkov, M. Extensions of dynamic programming as a new tool for decision tree optimization. In Emerging Paradigms in Machine Learning, S. Ramanna, L. C. Jain, and R. J. Howlett, Eds., vol. 13 of Smart Innovation, Systems and Technologies. Springer Berlin Heidelberg, 2013, pp. 11–29.
- Alkhalid, A., Amin, T., Chikalov, I., Hussain, S., Moshkov, M., and Zielosko, B. Optimization and analysis of decision trees and rules: Dynamic programming approach. International Journal on General Systems 42, 6 (2013), pp. 614–634.
- Chikalov, I., Hussain, S., and Moshkov, M. Sequential optimization of matrix chain multiplication relative to different cost functions. In SOFSEM 2011: Theory and Practice of Computer Science - 37th conference on Current Trends in Theory and Practice of Computer Science, Nový Smokovec, Slovakia, January 22-28, 2011 (2011), I. Cerná, T. Gyimóthy, J. Hromkovic, K. G. Jeffery, R. Královic, M. Vukolic, and S. Wolf, Eds., vol. 6543 of Lecture Notes in Computer Science, Springer, pp. 157–165
- M.S. (Computer Science), King Fahd University of Petroleum and Minerals, Dhahran, KSA, 2007
- B.S. (Computer Science), Mohammad Ali Jinnah University, Karachi, Pakistan, 1999