- 2013 - 2018: PhD degree, King Abdullah University of Science & Technology, Saudi Arabia
- 2009 - 2012: Master of Science, Faculty of Computers & Information, Cairo University, Egypt. Thesis Title: Arabic Context-based Online Handwriting Recognition
- 2003 - 2007: Bachelor of Computer Science, Faculty of Computers & Information, Cairo University, Egypt
- 2007 - 2013 Teaching Assistant, Faculty of Computers & Information, Cairo University
- 2008 - 2012 Senior R&D Engineer, TayaIT, Egypt
- August 2010 - May 2011 R&D Engineer, Arabic Language Technologies Center (ALTEC)
- 2006 - Summer internship, RDI, Egypt
Ibrahim Abdelaziz obtained his Ph.D. degree in Computer Science under the supervision of Professor Panagiotis Kalnis from King Abdullah University of Science and Technology (KAUST).
Ibrahim Abdelaziz's research interests included Data Mining over large datasets, Distributed Systems, Machine Learning and Pattern Recognition.
- Using Advanced Hidden Markov Models for online handwriting recognition. Ibrahim Hosny, Sherif Abdou, Aly Fahmy In Proceeding of Asian Conference of Pattern Recognition (ACPR), (2011)
- Large Vocabulary Arabic Online Handwriting Recognition. Ibrahim Hosny, Sherif Abdou, Aly Fahmy International Journal on Document Analysis and Recognition, (2014)
- Artificial Tutor for Arabic Handwriting Training. Sherif Abdou, Aly Fahmy, Ibrahim Hosny, Eman Mostafa In Proceedings of the Second International Conference on Arabic Language Resource, (2009)