Theory, Algorithm, Parallelism, Architecture, Performance. Unending iterative progress!...
Office: Building 1 - Level 0, 0150
- Ph.D., Computer Engineering, Bilkent University, 2015.
- M.S., Computer Engineering, Bilkent University, 2009.
- B.S., Computer Engineering, Hacettepe University, 2007.
Honors & Awards
- Gauss Award for best paper at the ISC Conference (2020).
- Bilkent University Scholarship (2007-2015)
- TUBITAK (The Scientific and Technical Research Council of Turkey) Scholarship (2007-2014)
- Computing Facility Award on EURORA (MIC cluster, Italy) for Cache-Aware Sparse Matrix Multiplication on Intel MIC Architecture.
- Computing Facility Award on JUQUEEN (BG/Q, Germany) for Investigation of the Applicability of Map/Reduce Paradigm on Supercomputing Systems for Multi-Petascalability, abstract is available at: www.prace-ri.eu/Preparatory-Access-15.
- Computing Facility Award on JUQUEEN (BG/Q, Germany) for Improving Sparse Matrix Multiplication Operations in CP2K.
Dr. Kadir Akbudak is a Consultant at Extreme Computing Research Center at KAUST, working with Professor David E. Keyes and Dr. Hatem Ltaief.
Kadir Akbudak's research interests include Combinatorial scientific computing, Graph and hypergraph partitioning, Locality-aware partitioning and scheduling, High performance kernels for sparse computations, Vectorization for irregular applications, Iterative numerical methods and Parallel numerical algorithms.
Al-Harthi, N., Alomairy, R., Akbudak, K., Chen, R., Ltaief, H., Bagci, H., & Keyes, D. (2020). Solving Acoustic Boundary Integral Equations Using High Performance Tile Low-Rank LU Factorization. High Performance Computing, 209–229. https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-50743-5_11
Akbudak, K., Ltaief, H., Etienne, V., Abdelkhalak, R., Tonellot, T., & Keyes, D. (2020). Asynchronous computations for solving the acoustic wave propagation equation. The International Journal of High Performance Computing Applications, 34(4), 377–393. https://doi.org/10.1177/1094342020923027
Abdelkhalak, R., Akbudak, K., Etienne, V., Ltaief, H., Tonellot, T., & Keyes, D. (2019). Application of High Performance Asynchronous Acoustic Wave Equation Stencil Solver into a Land Survey. SPE Middle East Oil and Gas Show and Conference. https://doi.org/10.2118/194722-ms
Akbudak, K., Ltaief, H., Mikhalev, A., & Keyes, D. (2017). Tile Low Rank Cholesky Factorization for Climate/Weather Modeling Applications on Manycore Architectures. High Performance Computing, 22–40. https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-58667-0_2