Just do it!
Office: Building 1 - Level 0, 0202-WS23
- M. Sc., Applied Mathematics and Informatics, Novosibirsk State University (NSU) (Russia), 2017
- B.Eng., Reservoir Engineering, Universiti Teknologi PETRONAS (Malaysia), 2013
- 2016 - 2017 Research Intern - Trofimuk Institute of Petroleum Geology and Geophysics Siberian Branch of Russian Academy of Sciences.
- 2014 - 2015 Reservoir Engineer - Leap Energy Partners
- 2014 - 2014 Reservoir Engineer - Emerson Process Management (ROXAR)
- 2013 - 2014 Business Development Executive - Aidan Corporation
- 2012 - 2012 Trainee Engineer - Transocean
Scientific and Professional Membership
- American Mathematical Society (AMS)
- Society for Industrial and Applied Mathematics (SIAM)
- European Association of Geoscientists and Engineers (EAGE)
- Society of Exploration Geophysics (SEG)
Muhammad Izzatullah is a PhD student in Geophysics, working under the supervision of Professor Daniel B. Peter. He is currently working on the localized uncertainty quantification within the Bayesian framework with an assumption that everything follows the Gaussian distribution for an application in Full Waveform Inversion. Muhammad is highly interested in the randomized algorithm as well.
Muhammad Izzatullah research interest include Inverse Problems, Control and System Theory, Reduced Order Modeling and Imaging Sciences.
KAUST provides world-class facilities and freedom in pursuing the research that I want. KAUST is simply a wish granter!
Why Uncertainty quantification
I started to fall in love with uncertainty quantification (UQ) back then in the late of 2018 because UQ brings in multidisciplinary research into one single area. Personally, there is no absolute truth about a research result and UQ plays a role here in providing how many percentages we can believe and trust the results.
- Samsul Ariffin Abdul Karim, Muhammad Aizuddin Mohd Rosli, Muhammad Izzatullah Mohd Mustafa (2014). Cubic Spline Interpolation for Petroleum Engineering Data. Applied Mathematical Sciences Journal of Hikari Ltd (ISSN 1314-7552).
- Muhammad Izzatullah Mohd Mustafa, Samsul Ariffin Abdul Karim, Bakri Abdul Karim, Mohammad Khatim Hassan, Jumat Sulaiman, Mohd Tahir Ismail (2012). Image Reconstruction Using Singular Value Decomposition. American Institute of Physics (AIP) Conference Proceedings Series 1522.