- PhD, University College Dublin, 2007 – 2011.
- MSc, Blekinge Institute of Technology, 2003-2005.
Research Scientist, KAUST, Sep 2012 – present.
Digital Signal Processing & algorithms.
- Low sampling & low complexity systems.
- Image Processing.
- Ultra-wideband (UWB) sensing and communications.
- UWB channel impulse response estimation.
- Acoustic sensing and communications.
- Sonars and radars.
- Movement detection and tracking using RF and acoustic waves.
- Respiration detection and tracking.
- Robust estimation and regularization.
- Experimentation and testing.
M. A. Suliman, T. Ballal, and T. Y. Al-Naffouri, “Perturbation-based regularization for signal estimation in linear discrete ill-posed problems,” Signal Processing, vol. 152, pp. 35–46, Nov. 2018.
T. Ballal, M. A. Suliman, and T. Y. Al-Naffouri, “Bounded Perturbation Regularization for Linear Least Squares Estimation,” IEEE Access, vol. 5, pp. 27551–27562, 2017.
M. Suliman, T. Ballal, A. Kammoun, and T. Y. Al-Naffouri, “Constrained Perturbation Regularization Approach for Signal Estimation Using Random Matrix Theory,” IEEE Signal Processing Letters, vol. 23, no. 12, pp. 1727–1731, Dec. 2016.
T. Ballal, T. Y. Al-Naffouri, and S. F. Ahmed, “Low-Complexity Bayesian Estimation of Cluster-Sparse Channels,” IEEE Transactions on Communications, vol. 63, no. 11, pp. 4159–4173, Nov. 2015.
T. Ballal and T. Y. Al-Naffouri, “Low-Sampling-Rate Ultra-Wideband Channel Estimation Using Equivalent-Time Sampling,” IEEE Transactions on Signal Processing, vol. 62, no. 18, pp. 4882–4895, Sep. 2014.