- Ph.D., KAUST, Saudi Arabia, 2016.
- M.S., Interrupt Handling in High Speed Networks, KFUPM, Saudi Arabia, 2008.
- B.S., Computer Science, Cairo University, Egypt, 2000.
- July-August 2012, intern, Texas A M University.
- 2008-2010, Lecturer-B, KFUPM, Saudi Arabia.
- 2000-2003, Teaching Assistant, Taiz University, Yemen.
Honors and Awards
- Provost Award for Academic Excellence, KAUST, Saudi Arabia, 2010.
- A certificate and Medal of academic excellence, Ministry of Higher Education and Scientific Research, Yemen, 2008.
- Graduated from Cairo University with honors, Egypt, 2000.
- A certificate of academic excellence, Embassy of Yemen at Egypt, 1999.
Abdulhakim Qahtan obtained his Ph.D. degree in Computer Science under the supervision of Professor Xiangliang Zhang at Machine Intelligence and kNowledge Engineering (MINE) Laboratory at King Abdullah University of Science and Technology (KAUST).
Dissertation Title: Efficient Estimation of Dynamic Density Function with Applications in Streaming Data.
First employment: Postdoctoral researcher at QCRI in Qatar.
Abdulhakim's research interests included Data mining, Statistics and Applying statistical models in machine learning.
- Basma Alharbi, Abdulhakim Ali Qahtan, Xiangliang Zhang: Minimizing User Involvement for Learning Human Mobility Patterns from Location Traces. AAAI 2016: 865-871
- Abdulhakim A Qahtan, Basma Alharbi, Suojin Wang, Xiangliang Zhang, "A PCA-Based Change Detection Framework for Multidimensional Data Streams". Proceedings of the 21st ACM SIGKDD Conference on Knowledge Discovery and Data Mining (KDD 2015), pp. 935 - 944, Sydney, Australia, August 10-13, 2015 (acceptance rate=159/819=19.4%)
- Qahtan, A., Zhang, X., and Wang, S. Efficient Estimation of Dynamic Density Functions with an Application to Outlier Detection. To appear in 21st ACM International Conference on Information and Knowledge Management (CIKM 2012), Maui, Hawaii, October 29 - November 2, 2012 (acceptance rate=302/1088=27.7%)
- Salah, K. and Qahtani, A. Performance Evaluation Comparison of Snort NIDS under Linux and Windows Server, Journal of Network and Computer Applications, Elsevier Science, Vol. 33, No. 1, January 2010, pp. 6-15
- Salah, K. and Qahtan, A. Implementation and Experimental Performance Evaluation of a Hybrid Interrupt-Handling Scheme, Computer Communications, Elsevier Science, Vol. 32(1) (2009), pp. 179-188