- Ph.D., Machine Learning, Télécom ParisTech, France, 2018
- M.Sc., Data Science and Statistical Engineering, ENSAE ParisTech, France, 2015
- M.Sc, Probability Theory and Stochastic Modeling, Paris XI University, France, 2015
Honors & Awards
- GDR ISIS Travel Grant for PhD mobility at EPFL, 2018
- NIPS Workshop Black in AI Travel Grant, 2017
- Merit Scholarship, 2009 - 2012
Adil Salim is a Postdoctoral Research Fellow working with Professor Peter Richtarik at the Visual Computing Center (VCC) in King Abdullah University of Science and Technology (KAUST).
Education and Early Career
Dr. Salim earned his Master degrees in Data Science and Statistical Engineering from ENSAE ParisTech and in Probability Theory and Stochastic Modeling from Paris XI University in France in 2015. He received his Ph.D. in Machine Learning from Télécom ParisTech in France in 2018.
Before joining KAUST, Adil worked in many positions starting as an Auditor for of banks and insurance companies, to a Data Scientist. He visited KAUST in 2018 as a Ph.D. Visiting Student at the Extreme Computing Research Center (ECRC).
He is mainly interested in stochastic approximation, optimization and machine learning.