- Ph.D. Bioengineering, King Abdullah University of Science and Technology, Thuwal, Saudi Arabia. 2016–present.
- M.Sc. Bioscience, King Abdullah University of Science and Technology, Thuwal, Saudi Arabia. 2014–2016.
- B.Sc. Chemical Pharmaceutical Biology, National Autonomous University of Mexico, Mexico City, Mexico. 2007-2013.
Honors and Awards
1. 2011-2012, Coca-Cola Scholarship of Academic Excellence. International Exchange program. National Autonomous University of Mexico & University of Vienna, Vienna Austria.
2. 2012, Support Program for Research Projects and Technological Innovation. Financial remuneration for the realization of the thesis projects. National Autonomous University of Mexico, Mexico City, Mexico.
Aldo Isaac Martínez Banderas is a Ph.D. student in Sensing, Magnetism and Microsystems (SMM) Research group under the supervision of Professor Jurgen Kosel at King Abdullah University of Science and Technology (KAUST).
Aldo's research interests include pharmaceutical innovation and drug development. Currently, he is working in the area of nanomedicine employing magnetic nanowires for biomedical applications.
- AI. Martínez-Banderas, A. Aires, JE. Perez, N. Alsharif, FJ. Teran, JF. Cadenas, J. Kosel and AL. Cortajarena. Functionalized magnetic nanowires for chemical and magneto-mechanical induction of cancer cell death. Scientific Reports. 2016.
- M. Perusquía, E. Flores-Soto, B. Sommer, E. Campuzano-González, I. Martínez-Villa, AI. Martínez-Banderas, LM. Montaño. Testosterone-induced relaxation involves L-type and store-operated Ca2+ channels blockade, and PGE2 in guinea pig airway smooth muscle. Pflugers Arch Eur J Physiol. 2014.