- PhD degree in Computer Science, King Abdullah University of Science and Technology (KAUST), Thuwal, Saudi Arabia 2017
- MS degree in Computer Science, Cairo University, Egypt, 2008
- BS degree in Computer Science, Cairo University, Egypt, 2003
Honors & Awards
- First place in ACM SIGMOD Programming Contest 2012 (Multidimensional Database Index).
- Second place in CUDA Superhero Challenge 2, 2009 (AI/Optimization).
- First place in AMD Multicore Threadfest 1 contest 2008 (Scheduling).
- Second place in ACM-ICPC Regional contest 2005, advanced to ACM-ICPC World Finals 2006.
- First place in Programmer of the Month (POTM) contest for May 2005 (AI/Optimization).
Amin Allam obtained his Ph.D. in Computer Science at the King Abdullah University of Science and Technology (KAUST) under the supervision of Prof. Panagiotis Kalnis in 2017. Amin is a lecturer in the Computer Science department, Faculty of Computers and Information, Cairo University, Egypt. He got his bachelor's degree in Computers and Information in 2003 from Cairo University. Then, he got a Master's degree titled "An Arabic-Disambiguating Engine Based on Statistical Approaches" in Computer Science from the same university in 2008.
Amin's research interests include Algorithms and Data Structures for Indexing and Processing Large Databases, Approximation Algorithms for Computational Biology, Artificial Intelligence for Optimization Problems, Statistical and Bayesian approaches for Machine Learning and Prediction.