André Gustavo Carlon is a Postdoctoral Fellow at Stochastic Numerics Research Group under the supervision of Professor Raul F. Tempone at King Abdullah University of Science and Technology (KAUST).
André's research interests include the analysis of stochastic optimization methods, the application of stochastic gradient methods to engineering problems, and Bayesian optimal experimental design with non-linear models.
- A. G. Carlon, H. M. Kroetz, A. J. Torii, R. H. Lopez, L. F. F. Miguel. Risk optimization using the Chernoff bound and stochastic gradient descent. Reliability Engineering & System Safety, 2022.
- A. G. Carlon, B. M. Dia, L. F. R. Espath, R. H. Lopez, R. Tempone. Nesterov-aided stochastic gradient methods using Laplace approximation for Bayesian design optimization. Computer Methods in Applied Mechanics and Engineering, 2020.
- A. G. Carlon, R. H. Lopez, L. F. R. Espath, L. F. F. Miguel, A. T. Beck. A stochastic gradient approach for the reliability maximization of passively controlled structures. Engineering Structures, 2019.
- Dr. Eng. in Civil Engineering, Department of Civil Engineering, Federal University of Santa Catarina
- M.Sc. in Civil Engineering, Department of Civil Engineering, Federal University of Santa Catarina