- M.Sc., 2009, Internet and Distributed Systems, Durham University, UK.
- B.Sc., 2008, Computer Science, Effat University, Saudi Arabia.
- Intern, National Commercial Bank and International Medical Center.
Honors and Awards
- Dean's list and valedictorian, Effat University.
- Full scholarship recipient for undergraduate studies, Effat University.
Basma Al-Harbi graduated with a Ph.D. degree in Computer Science under the supervision of Prof. Xiangliang Zhang at Machine Intelligence and kNowledge Engineering (MINE) Laboratory in King Abdullah University of Science and Technology (KAUST). Currently, Basma is working as a Lecturer at King Abdulaziz University (KAU).
Pursued her Ph.D. degree at MINE Lab from 2011 - 2017.
Dissertation Title: Latent Feature Models for Uncovering Human Mobility Patterns from Anonymized User Location Traces with Metadata.
Basma's research interests included Data mining and machine learning, pattern recognition and knowledge discovery. During her Ph.D. she worked on mining movement patterns and useful knowledge from CDR and GPS data. Basma research interests also included employing the findings in different applications including transportation management and traffic control.\
- Basma Alharbi, Xiangliang Zhang, "Exploring the Significance of Human Mobility Patterns in Social Link Prediction". Accepted by the 29th Symposium On Applied Computing (SAC 2014), Gyeongju, Korea, March 24 - 28, 2014 (Social Network and Media Analysis Track).