- PhD, Materials Engineering, Meijo University, Japan, 2011
- MSc, Materials Engineering, Meijo University, Japan, 2008
- BSc, Materials Engineering, Meijo University, Japan, 2006
- 2014 - 2017 Assistant Professor, Dept. Applied Physics, Tokyo University of Science, Japan
- 2011 - 2014 Postdoc, Meijo University, Japan
- 2011 - 2012 Visiting Researcher, Technical University of Denmark, Denmark
Daisuke Iida is a Senior Research Scientist at Energy Conversion Devices and Materials (ECO Devices) Laboratory in the Division of Computer, Electrical and Mathematical Sciences & Engineering (CEMSE). He holds a Ph.D. in Materials Science and Engineering from Meijo University in 2011. Afterward, he held postdoctoral and visiting researcher positions at Meijo University and Technical University of Denmark. Then, he worked as an assistant professor at Tokyo University of Science from 2014 to 2017. His research interest is III-nitride semiconductors-based optoelectronic devices, especially the MOCVD growth of InGaN and its applications. He has author/co-authored more than 80 publications on topics related to III-Nitride crystal growth, optical and electrical devices.