- Ph.D. Numerical Analysis, Royal Institute of Technology (KTH), Stockholm, Sweden, 2007.
- M.S. Engineering Physics, Royal Institute of Technology (KTH), Stockholm, Sweden, 2001.
- Computer, Electrical and Mathematical Sciences & Engineering Division.
- Stochastic Numerics Research Group.
Erik von Schwerin is a Research Scientist at Professor Raul F. Tempone's Stochastic Numerics Research Group (STOCHNUM) at King Abdullah University of Science and Technology (KAUST).
Erik von's research interests include Deterministic and stochastic differential equations, Computations with uncertainty, Error control and adaptivity, Systematic coarse graining, Hybrid modelling and Multiscale methods.
- A. Haji-Ali, F. Nobile, E. von Schwerin, R. Tempone, Optimization of mesh hierarchies in Multilevel Monte Carlo samplers, Stochastic Partial Differential Equations: Analysis and Computations, Vol. 4, Issue 1, Pages 76–112, 2016.
- Nathan Collier, Abdul-Lateef Haji-Ali, Fabio Nobile, Erik von Schwerin, and Raúl Tempone, A Continuation Multilevel Monte Carlo algorithm, BIT Numerical Mathematics, June 2015, Volume 55, Issue 2, pp 399-432
- Christian Bayer, Håkon Hoel, Erik von Schwerin, and Raúl Tempone, On non-asymptotic optimal stopping criteria in Monte Carlo Simulations, SIAM Journal on Scientific Computing, 2014, Vol. 36, No. 2 : pp. A869-A885
- Giovanni Migliorati, Fabio Nobile, Erik von Schwerin, and Raúl Tempone, Analysis of Discrete L² Projection on Polynomial Spaces with Random Evaluations, Foundations of Computational Mathematics, 2014, Vol. 14, No. 3 : pp. 419-456
- Håkon Hoel, Erik von Schwerin, Anders Szepessy, and Raúl Tempone, Implementation and analysis of an adaptive multilevel Monte Carlo algorithm, Monte Carlo Methods and Applications, 2014, Vol. 20, No. 1 : pp. 1-41.
- E. von Schwerin and A. Szepessy, A Stochastic Phase-Field Model Determined from Molecular Dynamics, ESAIM: M2AN 44, 627—646, 2010.