Train again. Fail again. Fail better. -- Samuel Beckett
- B.S., Engineering, Xi'an Jiaotong University, China, 2018
Honors & Awards
- Outstanding Undergraduate, Xi'an Jiaotong University, 2017
- Meritorious Winner, International Mathematical Modeling Contest, 2016
- Outstanding Student Leader, 2015
Guocheng Qian is currently working towards an MS/PhD degree in the Department of Computer Science at King Abdullah University of Science and Technology (KAUST). He researches deep learning and computer vision at the Image and Video Understanding Lab (IVUL), supervised by Prof. Bernard Ghanem. His research interests include computer vision, point cloud processing, and neural architecture search.
Education and Early Career
Guocheng obtained his bachelor's degree in Engineering with honor from Xi’an Jiaotong University (XJTU) in China in 2018. He was an exchange student at Hong Kong University of Science and Technology in early 2017 and a visiting scholar at Wakayama University in Japan in Dec 2017. Before joining KAUST, he worked at SenseTime Research in China.
- Efficient Neural Network
- 3D Deep Learning
- Neural Architecture Search