Deep learning research has achieved lots of progress recently, while I believe that it could boost the area of computer graphics and physical simulation.
- Ph.D., Applied Mathematics and Computational Science, KAUST, Thuwal, Saudi Arabia, in process
- M.Sc., Mechanical Engineering, KAUST, Thuwal, Saudi Arabia, 2015
- B.Sc., Theoretical and Applied Mechanics, USTC, Hefei, China, 2014
Honors & Awards
- Excellent Graduate (top 15%), USTC, 2014.
- National Motivational Scholarship, USTC, 2011 and 2013.
- Hezhi Scholarship, USTC, 2012.
Han Shao is a Ph.D. candidate at Visual Computing Center (VCC) in King Abdullah University of Science and Technology (KAUST), studying under the supervision of Professor Dominik Michels in Computational Sciences Group (CSG).
Education and Early Career
Han Shao obtained his bachelor degree in Theoretical and Applied Mechanics from The University of Science and Technology of China (USTC) in Hefei, China in 2014. After that, he joined KAUST and received his master degree in Mechanical Engineering in 2015.
Han is investigating the combustion phenomenon using CFD tools. For now, phenomenon like the combustion in a swirl burner is what he’s interested in.
Honors and Awards
During his studies in the University of Science and Technology of China (USTC), Han was awarded many times. In 2012, he received Hezhi Scholarship from the university. He also received National Motivational Scholarship for the years 2011 and 2013. He was honored with Excellent Graduate (top 15%) in 2014.