- M.Sc., Computer Science, King Abdullah University of Science and Technology (KAUST), Saudi Arabia, 2018
- B.A., Double Major in Computer Science and Mathematics, Cornell University, NY, USA, 2016
- Association for Computing Machinery (ACM)
- Cornell Computer Reuse Association (CCRA)
- The National Society of Collegiate Scholars (NSCS)
- Golden Key International Honour Society
Humam Alwassel is a Computer Science Ph.D. candidate in Image and Video Understanding Lab (IVUL) Group under the supervision of Professor Bernard Ghanem at King Abdullah University of Science and Technology (KAUST).
Education and Early Career
Humam obtained his bachelor degree with double major in Computer Science and Mathematics from Cornell University in New York, USA in 2016. After that, he joined KAUST for the MS/PhD program and received his master degree in Computer Science in 2018.
He’s currently focused on the development of novel computer vision techniques for video understanding. His main research interests are in video understanding and human activity detection. In general, Humam is interested in computer vision and machine learning.