- Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering at King Abdullah University of Science and Technology (KAUST), Saudi Arabia (06/2016 – Present).
- Master of Science in Chemistry at National Cheng Kung University (NCKU), Taiwan (09/2013 – 06/2015).
- Bachelor of Science in Chemistry at National Cheng Kung University (NCKU), Taiwan (09/2009 – 08/2013).
- Mandatory Military Service in the army (09-2015 - 02-2016).
- Teaching Assistant in Nuclear Magnetic Resonance Spectroscopy Class (02-2014 - 06-2014).
- Teaching Assistant in General Chemistry Laboratory Class (02-2014 - 06-2014).
- Chemistry Tutor for Senior High School Education (02-2013 - 02-2014).
Jian-Wei Liang has joined the Ph.D. program in Electrical Engineering at Photonics Lab at King Abdullah University of Science and Technology (KAUST) in fall 2016. He graduated from the chemistry department at National Cheng Kung University (NCKU), Taiwan in 2013 and then received his master's degree in chemistry from NCKU in 2015. In the duration of his master's education, he also worked as a teaching assistant in a basic chemistry experiment course. At present, he is concentrating on new material for UV LEDs in Photonics Lab under the supervision of Prof. Ooi.
Jian-Wei's research interests include Blue LEDs GaN materials series and substrate designing for epitaxy Materials Science for optimizing LEDs' performance and improving LEDs' competitiveness in the lighting market.