- Master's degree in computer science from the graduate school ENSIMAG of Grenoble Institute of Technology, France, 2003.
- MSc degree in applied mathematics from Univ. Joseph Fourier, Grenoble, France, 2003.
- Ph.D. in applied mathematics from the Grenoble Institute of Technology in 2006.
Honors & Awards
- Best student paper award at the conference IEEE ICIP 2005
- Best Ph.D. award from Grenoble Institute of Technology in 2007.
Dr. Condat's area of interest includes convex optimization models and algorithms, and signal and image processing. He has co-authored more than 100 articles on these topics and he is a senior member of the IEEE.
From 2006 to 2008, he was a postdoc in the Helmholtz Zentrum Muenchen in Munich, Germany. He was hired as a permanent researcher by the French National Center for Scientific Research (CNRS) in 2008. He spent 4 years in the GREYC, Caen, and then 7 years in GIPSA-lab, Grenoble.
From 2016 to 2019, he was a member of the French National Committee for Scientific Research. Since Nov. 2019, he is a Research Scientist in the AI Initiative at KAUST.