- M.Sc, Computer Science, KAUST, Thuwal, Saudi Arabia, 2015.
- B.Sc, in Computer Science, Jubail University College, Jubail, Saudi Arabia, 2012.
Honors & Awards
- ISMB travel fellowship award, Switzerland, 2019.
- ECCB travel fellowship award, Greece, 2018.
- KAUST scholarship for Ph.D., 2015.
- KAUST scholarship for MSc, 2013.
- Ranked first in the graduating class of 2011 at Jubail University College.
- Two-times recipient of Prince Mohammed bin Fahad educational excellence award in the Eastern Province.
- Bio-Ontology Research Group (BORG).
- Computational Bioscience Research Center (CBRC).
- Computer, Electrical, and Mathematical Sciences and Engineering (CEMSE).
Mona Alshahrani obtained her Ph.D. degree in Computer Science under the supervision of Professor Robert Hoehndorf at the Bio-Ontology Research Group (BORG) at King Abdullah University of Science and Technology (KAUST).
Machine Learning, human bioinformatics, data integration. The combination of neuro-symbolic methods over ontologies and semantic RDF graphs with statistical methods. Their applications in data analysis and features representations in several biomedical applications such as phenotypes prediction, drug repurposing, and others. I'm also interested in network-based approaches for studying human disease modules and comorbidities.
- 2012-2013 Teaching assistant at Jubail University College.