- Ph.D. (EE): 4.0, KAUST (Joined in the fall of 2016, Expected Graduation: 2020), KSA.
- M.Sc. (Physics): 4.0 in all Physics majors, University of Georgia Athens, USA.
- M.Sc. (Physics): First division, Tribhuvan University, Nepal.
- B.Sc. (Physics, Math, Stat.): First division, Tribhuvan University, Nepal.
Scientific and Professional Membership
- Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE).
- The Optical Society (OSA).
- American Physical Society (APS).
Honors and Awards
- Nominated for the 2018 Student Excellence Awards, KAUST (5/2018).
- Volleyball Team Captain for KAUST- Mantrap (6/2017 – Present), (Runner Up 2017, 2018).
- KAUST Fellowship, KAUST (8/2016 – Present).
- Best Poster Presentation Award 2nd Place, MSSM Conference, UGA (5/2015).
- Anderson- Pioletti Award, an excellent graduate student, UGA (4/2015).
- Recognition, Chapter 32 of the Honor Society of Phi Kappa Phi, UGA (3/2015).
- Graduate Teaching/Research Assistantship, UGA (8/2013 – 5/2016).
Ram Chandra Subedi (RC) is a Ph.D. student at Photonics Lab under the supervision of Professor Boon Ooi at King Abdullah University of Science and Technology (KAUST). He received his B.Sc. and M.Sc. in Physics from Tribhuvan University, Nepal in 2009 and 2011 respectively. In addition, he received his M.S. in Experimental Condensed Matter Physics University of Georgia, Athens (UGA in 2016). During his stay at UGA, he worked as a Teaching/Research Assistant. His research at UGA was primarily focused polymer/ small molecule-based Organic Light-Emitting Diodes (OLEDs) and Organic Spin Valves (OSVs). Also, he has been teaching high school/ undergraduate level Physics/Math courses for a decade now.
Ram Chandra's research interests include Semiconductor/Solid State Physics, Deep UV optoelectronic devices utilizing ultra-thin quantum disks and Bio-inspired luminescent material, 2-D materials, and photonic crystals. Deep UV optoelectronic devices based on III-nitride and novel materials is the main focus of his research.
- R. C. Subedi, J. Devkota, R. Geng, T. D. Nguyen. Organic Spin Valves: A Review. Adv. Funct. Mater. (March, 2016).
- R. Geng, A. Roy, W. Zhao, R. C. Subedi, X. Li, J. Locklin, T. D. Nguyen. “Engineering of Spin Injection and Spin Transport in Organic Spin Valves Using π-conjugated Polymer Brushes”. Adv. Funct. Mater. (March, 2016).
- S. Liang, R. Geng , Mr. B. Yang , W. Zhao, R. C. Subedi, X. Li , X. Han, T. D. Nguyen. Curvature-enhanced Spin-orbit Coupling and Spinterface Effect in Fullerene-based Spin Valves. Sci. Rep. 2016.
- Liang, S. H., Geng, R., Zhang, Q. T., You, L., Subedi, R. C., Wang, J., Nguyen, T. D. (2015). “Large Magnetoresistance at High Bias Voltage in Double-layer Organic Spin Valves”. Organic Electronics, 2015.
- R. Geng, R. C. Subedi, S. Liang, and T. D. Nguyen “Discernment of Possible Magnetic Field Effect Mechanism using Polymer Light –Emitting Electrochemical Cells” SPIN 2014 (June 2014).