Honors & Awards
- In CASP12 2016, our team RaptorX-Contact was Officially Ranked First in contact prediction.
- In IJCAI BOOM 2016, I won the Best Poster Award for my work entitled AUC-maximized Deep Convolutional Neural Fields for Protein Sequence Labeling.
- In ISMB 3DSIG 2014, I won the Warren DeLano Award for Structural Bioinformatics and Computational Biophysics for our team work entitled MRFalign: protein homology detection through alignment of Markov Random Fields.
- In RECOMB 2014, I won the Best Paper Award for our team work entitled MRFalign: Protein Homology Detection through Alignment of Markov Random Fields, which is implemented as a software MRFalign.
- In ISMB 3DSIG 2012, I won the Warren DeLano Award for Structural Bioinformatics and Computational Biophysics for my work entitled protein structure alignment beyond spatial proximity, which is implemented as a software DeepAlign.
- In BioInfoSummer 2007, I won the Hilary Booth Prize for Best Talk for my work entitled protein structure alignment based on conformational letters, which is implemented as CLEPAPS.
My research interest lies in protein-related computational biology and bioinformatics. In particular, I apply machine learning algorithms to study the protein sequence/structure alignment, protein homology search, and protein structure prediction. My current research interests are also focused on machine-learning-based next-generation sequencing and structure-based computational immunology.
- Ph.D., Bioinformatics, Institute of Theoretical Physics, Chinese Academy of Sciences, China, 2010
- B.Sc., Biotechnology, School of Life Sciences, Shanghai Jiao Tong University, China, 2005
- 2017-now: Research Scientist, King Abdullah University of Science and Technology, Thuwal, Saudi Arabia 2014-2016: Research
- Professional, Department of Human Genetics, University of Chicago, Chicago, IL,2010-2014: Postdoctoral Research Fellow, Toyota
- Technological Institute of Chicago, Chicago, IL, USA
Scientific and Professional Membership
- International Society for Computational Biology (ISCB) Member
- Biophysical Society (BPS) Member