Never stop learning.
- Ph.D., Mechanical Engineering, Politecnico di Milano, Italy, 2017
- M.Sc., Mechatronics Engineering, Institut National des Sciences Appliquées (INSA), France, 2012
- Computer Vision Foundation (CVF)
- Europe Alliance for Innovation (EAI)
- Italian Association of Mechanical and Thermal Measurements (GMMT)
Silvio Giancola is a Postdoctoral Research Fellow at the Visual Computing Center (VCC) in King Abdullah University of Science and Technology (KAUST), working with Professor Bernard Ghanem in the Image and Video Understanding Laboratory (IVUL).
Education and Early Career
Silvio Giancola received his Master Degree in Mechatronics Engineering Institut National des Sciences Appliquées (INSA), Strasbourg in France in 2012. He has a Ph.D. in Mechanical Engineering from Politecnico di Milano, Milano, Italy.
Before joining KAUST, Silvio had academic experience in Politecnico di Milano in Italy. He was a teaching assistant for undergraduate and graduate students in Industrial and Information Engineering School, Politecnico di Milano in Italy from 2014 until 2017. In addition to teaching, he was a Research Fellow who later on became a Postdoctoral Fellow.
Silvio Giancola mainly interested in Computer Vision, Machine Learning, Robotics and Metrology.