- Ph.D. in Applied Mathematics and Computational Science, King Abdullah University of Science and Technology, 2015 – 2019.
- M.Sc. in Mathematics, University of Bonn, 2015.
- B.Sc. in Mathematics, Heidelberg University, 2013.
Sören Wolfers obtained a Ph.D. degree in Applied Mathematics and Computational Sciences under the supervision of Professor Raul F. Tempone's at Stochastic Numerics Research Group at King Abdullah University of Science and Technology (KAUST).
Sören's research interests included Numerical Analysis, Uncertainty Quantification, Sparse Approximation, Multilevel methods and Meshfree methods.
- Beck, J., Roberts, G., and Wolfers, S. (2018). Bayesian earthquake dating and seismic hazard assessment using chlorine-36 measurements (BED v1). Submitted to Geoscientific Model Development
- Tempone, R., and Wolfers, S. (2018). Smolyak’s algorithm: a powerful black box for the acceleration of scientific computations. In: Sparse Grids and Applications, Springer, arXiv:1703.08872
- Haji-Ali, A., Nobile, F., Tempone, R., and Wolfers, S. (2017). Multilevel weighted least squares polynomial approximation. Submitted, arXiv:1707.00026
- Nobile, F., Tempone, R., and Wolfers, S. (2017). Sparse approximation of multilinear problems with applications to kernel-based methods in UQ. Numerische Mathematik, 139(1), 247--280
- Wolfers, S., Schwab, E., and Vidal, R. (2014). Nonnegative ODF estimation via optimal constraint selection. 11th IEEE International Symposium on Biomedical Imaging (ISBI), 734--737.