- Ph.D., Engineering Mathematics, École Polytechnique de Montréal (1999).
- M.Sc., Applied Mathematics, Université de Montréal (1994).
- B.Sc., Mathematics, Université de Montréal (1991).
Scientific and Professional Membership
Steven Dufour is a Former Visiting Associate Professor from École Polytechnique de Montréal, at Professor Raul F. Tempone's Stochastic Numerics Research Group at King Abdullah University of Science and Technology (KAUST).
Steven's research activities revolve around the development of numerical methodologies for the modeling of free surface flows that can be found in various industrial applications. The main challenge associated with the numerical modeling of multifluid flows is to accurately locate the interfaces between each fluid. More complex flows, such as the flow of non-Newtonian fluids and turbulent flows, can generate more complex free surface dynamics. This led us to work on Eulerian free surface capturing techniques, on the modeling of interfacial physics, on-time integration schemes, on preconditioned iterative methods, on large-eddy simulations, and on domain decomposition techniques and high-performance computing, to name a few. He recently started to work on the finite element discretization of Maxwell's equations to model magnetohydrodynamic multiphase flows.
- S. Dufour, A. Malidi, A Free Surface Updating Methodology for Marker-Function Based Eulerian Free Surface Capturing Techniques on Unstructured Meshes, Communications in Numerical Methods in Engineering, 20 (11), 857-867, 2004.
- A. Malidi, S. Dufour, D. N'dri, A Study of Time Integration Schemes for the Numerical Modeling of Free Surface Flows, International Journal for Numerical Methods in Fluids, 48 (10) 1123-1147, 2006
- R. Rivard, S. Dufour, A Numerical Model for the Study of Turbulent Free Surface Flows, submitted for publication, Physics of Fluids, 2014.
- R. Rivard, S. Dufour, Projected Krylov Methods for Solving Nonsymmetric Linear Systems Arising in the Discretization of Fluid Mechanics Problems, in preparation, 2015.
- R. Rivard, F. Sirois, S. Dufour, A Numerical Methodology for the Finite Element Discretization of Maxwell's Equations for the Modeling of Three-Dimensional Eddy Current Problems, in preparation, 2015.