Mathematics is the way of life.
- Ph.D., Mathematics, Hong Kong Baptist University, 2017
- B.Sc., Mathematics, Huazhong University of Science and Technology, 2013
Xun Qian is a Postdoctoral Research Fellow at the Visual Computing Center (VCC), King Abdullah University of Science and Technology (KAUST), working with Professor Peter Richtárik in his research group.
Education and Early Career
Dr. Qian obtained his B.Sc. degree in Mathematics from Huazhong University of Science and Technology, China, in 2013. In 2017, he has obtained a Ph.D. degree in Mathematics from Hong Kong Baptist University (HKBU), Hong Kong.
Xun Qian is interested in stochastic methods and algorithms, machine learning and interior-point methods.
9. R. M. Gower, N. Loizou, X. Qian, A. Sailanbayev, E. Shulgin, P. Richtárik, SGD: general analysis and improved rates, arXiv:1901.09401, 2019.
8. X. Qian, Z, Qu, P. Richtárik, SAGA with arbitrary sampling, arXiv:1901.08669, 2019.
7. X. Qian, L.-Z. Liao, J. Sun, and H. Zhu, The convergent generalized central paths for linearly constrained convex programming, SIAM J. Optim., 28(2), 1183-1204, 2018.
6. X. Qian, L.-Z. Liao, and J. Sun, A strategy of global convergence for the affine scaling algorithm for convex semidefinite programming, Math. Program., 1-19, 2018.
5. B. Li, X. Qian, J. Sun, K. L. Teo, and C. J. Yu, A model of distributionally robust two-stage stochastic convex programming with linear recourse, Applied Mathematical Modelling, 58, 86-97, 2018.
4. X. Qian and L.-Z. Liao, Generalized affine scaling trajectory analysis for linearly constrained convex programming, International Symposium on Neural Networks ,Springer, Cham, 139-147, 2018.
3. H. W. Yue, L.-Z. Liao, and X. Qian, Two interior point continuous trajectory models for convex quadratic programming with bound constraints, Pac. J. Optim., (to appear)
2. X. Qian and L.-Z. Liao, Analysis of the primal affine scaling continuous trajectory for convex programming, Pac. J. Optim., 14(2), 261-272, 2018.
1. X. Qian, L.-Z. Liao, and J. Sun, Analysis of some interior point continuous trajectories for convex programming, Optimization, 66 (4), 589-608, 2017.