- 2011-2013, Research Assistant in Hong Kong Polytechnic University.
- 2014-2015, Researcher in Huawei Technologies Co. Ltd.
- 2015-2016, Research Assistant in the Shenzhen Center, Hong Kong Polytechnic University.
- 2016-2017, Teaching Fellow in the Technological and Higher Education Institute of Hong Kong.
Download the CV of Yuan Mao here.
- Yuan Mao is a Senior Member of IEEE
Mao Yuan is a Research Scientist at Photonics Laboratory in the Division of Computer, Electrical and Mathematical Science and Engineering (CEMSE) at King Abdullah University of Science and Technology (KAUST). He received his Ph.D. degree in the Department of Electronic and information engineering, the Hong Kong Polytechnic University 2013 in Hong Kong. During his Ph.D., he focused on the distributed optical fiber sensors based on Brillouin scattering.
Sensors, Photonics, Networks, and wireless communications, photonics and optoelectronics.
- Yuan Mao, Jie Li, and Chao Lu, “Coupling Characteristics between the Fundamental and High-order modes in a Photonic Crystal Fibre with a Filled Hole”, OECC 2009.
- Jie Li, Yuan Mao, Chao Lu, Hwa Yaw Tam, and P. K. A. Wai, “Polarizing Properties of Photonic Crystal Fibers with High-Index Cladding Defects”, Journal of Lightwave Technology, Vol. 28, Issue 11, pp. 1608-1614, 2010.
- Li, J., Mao, Y., Lu, C., Tam, H. Y., & Wai, P. K. A. “Polarization Splitting of Photonic Crystal Fiber With Hybrid Guidance Mechanisms”, Photonics Technology Letters, IEEE, Vol. 23, Issue 18, pp.1358-1360, 2011.
- Fernandez, A., Mao, Y., Lu, C., & Chi, J.“Combination of phase modulation and coding for SNR enhancement in distributed Brillouin sensors. Electronics letters, Vol. 47, Issue 8, pp. 509-510, 2011.
- Mao, Y., Guo, N., YU, K., Tam, H., & Lu, C.“1cm spatial resolution Brillouin optical time domain analysis based on bright pulse Brillouin gain and complementary code”, IEEE Photonics Journal, Vol. 4, Issue 6, pp.2243-2248, 2012.
- Zhang, L., Zuo, T., Mao, Y*., Zhang, Q., Zhou, E., Liu, G. N., and Xu, X. “Beyond 100-Gb/s Transmission over 80-km SMF Using Direct-detection SSB-DMT at C-band”, Lightwave Technology, Journal, Vol. PP, Iuuse 99, pp1-7, 2015.