Hammad Naveed worked as a Postdoctoral research fellow at Prof. Xin Gao's Structural and Functional Bioinformatics Group (SFB) at King Abdullah University of Science and Technology (KAUST) during 2013-2015. Hammad is an Associate Professor in the Computer Science Department at the National University of Computer & Emerging Sciences, Pakistan. Previously he was a Research Assistant Professor at the Toyota Technological Institute at Chicago, University of Chicago 2014-2017. Hammad Naveed received his Ph.D. in Bioinformatics from the University of Illinois at Chicago in 2012. He spent the following two and half years as a Postdoctoral Fellow at the CAS-MPG Partner Institute for Computational Biology, Shanghai China and the Computational Biology Research Centre at KAUST, Saudi Arabia.
Hammad's research interests include algorithm development, genomics, characterization of protein-protein interactions, characterization of protein-drug interactions, pharmacovigilance, protein function prediction and disease identification using various imaging techniques.
1. L Adamian, H Naveed, J Liang. Lipid-binding surfaces of membrane proteins: evidence from evolutionary and structural analysis. Biochimica et Biophysica Acta (BBA)-Biomembranes 1808 (4), 1092-1102.
2. H Naveed, R Jackups, J Liang. Predicting weakly stable regions, oligomerization state, and protein-protein interfaces in transmembrane domains of outer membrane proteins. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences 106 (31), 12735-12740.
3. S Geula, H Naveed, J Liang, V Shoshan-Barmatz. Structure-based analysis of VDAC1 Protein. Journal of Biological Chemistry 287 (3), 2179-2190.
4. J Liang, H Naveed, D Jimenez-Morales, L Adamian, M Lin. Computational Studies of Membrane Proteins: Models and Predictions for Biological Understanding. Biochimica et Biophysica Acta (BBA)-Biomembranes.
5. H Naveed, Y Xu, R Jackups Jr, J Liang. Predicting three-dimensional structures of transmembrane domains of β-barrel membrane proteins. Journal of the American Chemical Society 134 (3), 1775-1781.