- Bachelor in Mathematical Science, Universidad Autonoma de Madrid, Spain (June 1996).
- Licenciada con Grado in Mathematical Sciences, Departamento de Matematicas de la Universidad Autonoma de Madrid, Spain (June 1999).
- Ph.D. in Mathematical Science, Universidad Autonoma de Madrid, Spain (October 2003).
- Thesis: The post-processed mixed finite element method for the Navier-Stokes equations.
- Visiting Assistant Professor.
Scientific and Professional Membership
- SIAM, RSME and SEMA.
Blanca Ayuso de Dios worked as a Research Scientist at Professor Raul F. Tempone's Stochastic Numerics Research Group at King Abdullah University of Science and Technology (KAUST).
Blanca's research was mostly concerned with the development and analysis of numerical methods (mainly finite elements of different types) for Partial Differential Equations. She was also very active in the analysis and development of fast solvers for the algebraic systems arising from the numerical discretizations; in particular domain decomposition and multilevel methods, in the approximation of high dimensional problems. The applications in which she worked, were mostly related to Continuum-Mechanics and Plasma Physics.
- B. Ayuso de Dios, J.A. Carrillo and C.W. Shu, Discontinuous Galerkin Methods for the Multidimensional Vlasov-Poisson system, Mathematical Models and Methods in Applied Sciences (M3AS) M3AS, vol. 22, no. 12, (2012). [45 pages]
- B. Ayuso de Dios and Ludmil Zikatanov, Uniformly Convergent Iterative Methods for Discontinuous Galerkin Discretizations, Journal of Scientific Computing, vol. 40, no.1-3, pp. 4--36, (2009).
- B. Ayuso and L. Donatella Marini, Discontinuous Galerkin Approximation to advection-difusion-reaction problems, SIAM J. of Numer. Anal., vol. 47, no. 2, pp. 1391--1420, (2009).
- B. Ayuso de Dios, M.Holst, Y. Zhu and L.T. Zikatanov, Multilevel Preconditioners for Discontinuous Galerkin discretizations of jump-coefficient problems, Mathematics of Computation, 10.1090/S0025-5718-2013-02760-3, (Link)
- B. Ayuso, J.A. Carrillo and C.W. Shu, Discontinuous Galerkin Methods for the onedimensional Vlasov-Poisson system, Kinetic and Related Models, Vol 4, no 4, pp. 955--989 (2011).