- 2003-2008 Doctorate, Department of Numerical Analysis, KTH Royal Institute of Technology, Stockholm, Sweden.
- 2002-2003 Master of Science, Department of Numerical Analysis, KTH Royal Institute of Technology, Stockholm, Sweden.
- Past teaching at KAUST: a tutorial course on ”computational high-frequency wave propagation”.
- Current teaching at KAUST: a series of advanced lectures on ”Non-homogeneous boundary value problems and applications” based on the book by J. L. Lions and E. Magenes.
Mohammad Motamed worked as a Postdoctoral Fellow at Professor Raul F. Tempone's Stochastic Numerics Research Group (STOCHNUM) at King Abdullah University of Science and Technology (KAUST). Mohammad is a visiting researcher at ICES, The University of Texas at Austin, USA.
Mohammad's research interests included Numerical Analysis and Scientific Computing, Deterministic and stochastic partial differential equations, Multiscale problems, modeling and simulation, and high-frequency wave propagation problems.
- M. Motamed and F. Nobile and R. Tempone. A Stochastic Collocation Method fo the Second Order Wave Equation with a Discontinuous Random Speed. Journal of Numerische Mathematik, In Press, 2012.
- M. Motamed and C. B. Macdonald and S. J. Ruuth. On the Linear Stability of the Fifth-Order WENO Discretization. Journal of Scientific Computing, vol. 47, no. 2, pp. 127-149, 2011.
- M. Motamed and O. Runborg. Taylor Expansion and Discretization Errors in Gaussian Beam Superposition. Wave Motion, vol. 47, no. 7, pp. 421-439, 2010.
- M. Motamed and O. Runborg. A Multiple-Patch Phase Space Method for Computing Trajectories on Manifolds with Applications to Wave Propagation Problems. Communications in Mathematical Sciences, vol. 5, no. 3, pp. 617-648, 2007.
- M. Motamed and M. Babiuc and B. Szilagyi and H-O. Kreiss and J. Winicour. Finite Difference Schemes for Second-Order Systems Describing Black Holes. Journal of Physical Review D, vol. 73, issue 12, 2006.