Postdoc October 2011 - October 2014
Ph.D. Wuhan University, 2011
Waves in complex media
- Metamaterials: artificial materials engineered to have properties that may not be found in nature
- Phononic crystals: structured materials with periodic modulations in their physical parameters
Phononic Crystals and Elastic Metamaterials
- Pai Peng, Bingmu Xiao, and Ying Wu*, “Flat Acoustic Lens by Acoustic Grating with Curled Slits”, Physics Letters A (in press).
- Pai Peng, Chunyin Qiu, Ying Wu*, and Zhengyou Liu, “Controlling elastic waves with small phononic crystals containing rigid inclusions”, Europhysics Letters 106, 46003 (2014). [DIO:10.1209/0295-5075/106/46003].
- Pai Peng, Sharefa Asiri, Xiujuan Zhang, Yan Li and Ying Wu*, “A lumped model for rotational modes in periodic solid composites”, Europhysics Letters 104, 26001 (2013). [DOI: 10.1209/0295-5075/104/26001].
- Pai Peng, Jun Mei and Ying Wu*, “Lumped model for rotational modes in phononic crystals”, Phys. Rev. B 86, 134304 (2012). [DOI: 10.1103/PhysRevB.86.134304].
- Pai Peng, Chunyin Qiu*, Rui Hao, Jiuyang Lu and Zhengyou Liu, “Acoustic transmission enhancement through a stiff plate drilled with subwavelength side openings”, Europhysics Letters 93, 34004 (2011). [DOI: 10.1209/0295-5075/93/34004].
- Pai Peng, Chunyin Qiu*, Yiqun Ding, Zhaojian He and Zhengyou Liu, “Acoustic tunneling through artificial structures: from phononic crystals to acoustic metamaterials”, Solid State Communications 151, 400 (2011). [DOI: 10.1016/j.ssc.2010.12.008].
- Zhaojian He, Han Jia, Chunyin Qiu, Shasha Peng, Xuefei Mei, Feiyan Cai, Pai Peng, Manzhu Ke, and Zhengyou Liu*, “Acoustic transmission enhancement through a periodically structured stiff plate without any opening”, Phys. Rev. Lett 105, 074301 (2010). [DOI: 10.1103/PhysRevLett.105.074301].
- Manzhu Ke, Zhengyou Liu*, Zhigang Cheng, Jing Li, Pai Peng, Jing Shi, “Flat superlens by using negative refraction in two-dimensional phononic crystals”, Solid State Communications 142, 177 (2007). [DOI: 10.1016/j.ssc.2007.01.046].
- 2006.9- 2011.7 Doctor of Philosophy in Condensed Matter Physics. School of Physics and Technology, Wuhan University, Wuhan City, Hubei Province, China. Mentor: Professor Zhengyou Liu.
- 2001.9- 2005.7 Bachelor of Science in Applied Physics. School of Physics and Technology, Wuhan University, Wuhan City, Hubei Province, China.