Various opportunities are available in our group
There are several positions available for post-doctoral research associates and graduate students in our group.
The positions are offered mainly in two areas:
- wave functional materials: focus on photonic/phononic crystals, metamaterials
- waves in random media: focus on imaging, time-reversal, and large-scale calculation
The requirements for each role:
- Post-doctoral research fellow:
- Should possess a Ph.D. in mathematics, physics, electrical engineering, material sciences or related fields.
- Should have a solid background in classical wave (electromagnetic/acoustic/elastic) propagation in complex media (periodic/random), familiar with numerical solutions to wave equations, such as multiple-scattering theory, plane wave expansion, finite-difference-time-domain, finite element, etc.
- Strong programming skills are necessary. Knowledge on metamaterials or random media is a plus.
- Should have a good work attitude, ability to work both individually and collaboratively, and a good command of oral and written English.
- Graduate student: (PhD/Master):
- Should have a Bachelor's or Master's degree in science or engineering
- Interested in computational physics
- Self-motivated, hard-working
- Should have a good command of oral and written English.
- Visiting student:
- Undergraduate and graduate students at prestigious institutions
- Recommended by his/her advisor
- Have a passion for research
How to apply:
Postdoctoral fellow candidates should submit a detailed resume, a research statement and three reference letters to Dr. Wu, and graduate student candidate please contact Dr. Wu directly to make an application arrangement.